Cash App, being a peer to peer money transfer application, offers a Cash Card of its own. You can use this Cash App Card in order to make immediate purchases either at store, or online. However, sometimes, these Cash Cards can be disabled due to a number of reasons.
Primarily, if any suspicious activity is suspected by the respected authorities, they disable your Card immediately. Such activities normally include issues like irregular unemployment deposits. You will then have to submit your documents along with your photos and prove your identity as well as your employment status including the deposit eligibility.
Cash App will then ask for your photos of direct deposit statements (those you received from your employer) in order to reactivate your account.
Temporarily disable your Cash App Card
Cash App Card can be temporarily disabled to lock it from further transactions and it can be done through phones by using either the Cash App mobile app or through the computer to block immediate transactions, payments or further purchases through the card.
This is done primarily to protect your account from fraudulent procedures or for instance you don’t have to use your card any longer. This feature of temporarily disabling Cash Cards can prove to be of much help under such circumstances. Consider following mentioned steps in order to disable your Cash App Card:
- Next, proceed to tap on the Card icon present at the home screen.
- After this, the next screen will show a toggle button.
- You can then toggle the button to the off position and then disable the Cash Card.
What happens when you disable your Cash App Card?
The disabling feature of Cash App Card is pretty simple, all you have to do is visit the application and follow the steps to do so. But what is the reason behind disabling your Cash App Card? Well, once your Cash App Card is disabled, it will not work further and you cannot pay through it in stores or use it for online transactions.
As soon as you attempt to make a transaction, it will soon be disabled. If you have even a little doubt that your Card can be hacked or is lost somewhere, then we recommend you that it is high time you should go to the customer support and ask for further details. Disabling the card can be considered the best option in this.
This does not mean that you cannot use your Cash App Card again, because you can reactivate it whenever you desire. This feature presented by Cash App can be a lifesaver and can protect you from various scams.
How to enable the Cash App Card?
You can enable your Cash App Card if you want to, and consider following these steps in order to do so:
- First of all, open the Cash App mobile application and log into your account.
- Then, proceed to click on the Cash Card icon present on the main screen.
- After this, you can start the activation process by clicking on ‘Activate Cash App Card’.
- On the next page you will find a QR code which needs to be scanned properly and you will have to hold the camera till the Cash App has aligned successfully.
- Finally, after the scanning process is completed, you will be ready to use your Cash Card.
Read More On Cash App:
- Can I Load My Cash App Card at 711?
- How To Pay With Cash App In Store Without Card?
- How To Verify Cash App Card For Apple Pay?
- Fun Cash App Card Designs
- Cash App Plus Plus APK Download
How long does it take to deactivate your Cash App Card?
There is no specific period for the deactivation of your Cash App Card as it entirely depends upon the situation. If you are disabling the account due to some fraud issues temporarily, then you can reactivate it within some time.
However, if you don’t want to use your card again then you can permanently disable your account. This time duration can range between some days to a couple of weeks or sometimes, even a year too.
As soon as your card expires, then there is no way you can get it back and under such circumstances, you will be forced to order a new card to use again.
Why is my Cash App Card still disabled?
There may be a plenty of reasons why you couldn’t enable your Cash App card and consider these guidelines in order to make sure everything is done properly:
- First of all, make sure that your mobile device and the application are up to date.
- Also, try turning off your mobile and then try again.
- If none of the above works, uninstall the application and then reinstall it.
If you don’t find any solution, get help at cash.app/help.