How to reset YouTube recommendations?
YouTube is an AI powered software that remembers exactly what you searched and what your preferences are. All of the search history is saved in the app, and the platform will show you recommended videos relevant to that. The algorithm used is quite strong and very interest-related content appears in the browsing feed. Many of the users, however, are not happy with the recommendations shown and want to reset it. Following is a detailed guide on how to do so, and make your recommendations list according to your preference.
How to reset YouTube recommendations for iphone?
YouTube recommendations are based on your app’s search history, and in order to reset these, you will have to delete the search history so that you no longer have to watch all those annoying recommended videos. Following steps will aid you to delete your search history on iPhone
- Open your iPhone and launch the YouTube mobile application.
- Then, tap on the profile icon appearing at the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on Settings.
- Tap History and Privacy from there.
- Finally, click on Clear Search History and all your searched information will disappear from the app.
After you have done this, the app will no longer show you recommendations based on your search history and you will have something different to watch while browsing through your feed.
How to reset YouTube recommendations for Android?
For Android users, the steps are pretty similar to those mentioned above, however, you can still read the below guide to be more precise.
- Open the YouTube mobile application on your Android device.
- Proceed to click on the profile icon appearing at the top right corner and from there click Settings.
- After this, go to History and Privacy and click on Clear Search History to present recommendations.
There is another method too to reset your recommendations by deleting the search history, which is
- Open the YouTube app and tap on the Profile icon.
- From there, click on ‘Your Data in YouTube’ in the menu.
- Scroll down and you will find a tab ‘YouTube Search History’.
- Click on ‘Manage your YouTube Search History’.
- Tap ‘Search Your Activity’ and from here click ‘Delete’.
- Choose ‘All Time’ from the appearing list.
- Make sure that you keep doing this for about 5 to 7 times and wait until the app resets recommendations.
Check Out Pink YouTube For Android
How to remove separate YouTube videos and search history?
In order to remove individual videos or search items, follow these steps
- Open your YouTube account through a computer browser by entering myactivity.google.com.
- After you have logged into your account, you will witness your search history being present there.
- Delete all the individual items you wish to remove.
- Then click on the Details option present at the bottom left.
- From there, click on the 3 dots present and tap on Delete appearing in the menu.
- Make sure you repeat these steps several times.