Cash App is a very popular peer to peer money transfer application that lets you pay bills, trade crypto and invest in the stock market. When you pay for something via Cash App, that particular transaction is recorded in the app’s history and when you tap on a particular payment, all the details will come out. This transaction history is the record of all the previous activities and is much similar to a bank statement.
However, one common problem arises among people, that is how to delete your Cash App Transaction History? Unfortunately, Cash App Transaction history cannot be removed at all, but there are other ways you can get rid of this. You will have to delete your Cash App account in order to delete your history as there are no such ways of doing so otherwise.
Cash App does not allow history deletion due to security concerns and they are absolutely right in their cause. But yes, you can delete your Cash App account. So, give a read if you want to know how.
How To Delete Cash App Account?
You can delete your account on Cash App in order to get rid of your transaction history permanently. Consider the below mentioned guide for this:
- Log into the application from your phone or computer.
- Tap on the Profile icon.
- Then, go to Support and click on Something Else.
- After this, tap on Account Settings and finally select Close my Cash App Account.
- After this a page will appear which will guide you about the details of closing the Cash App account.
- Add Confirm to permanently delete the account.
- Once you have deleted your Cash App account, your $Cashtag and account will no longer be there and no one can search or use this $Cashtag again.
Alternative To Deleting Cash App Transaction History
One important thing to take into account is that Cash App is a very transparent application, that allows no room for such frauds. You can beat around the bush as long as you can, but at the end of the day, you will have to accept some hard facts. If you are an old Cash App user, you will already have an idea that deleting or hiding transaction histories is not possible, no matter whatever you do and this is the end of the conversation.
However, there are many other applications like Venmo or PayPal, which you can use for free and they do offer such features like deleting or hiding Transaction histories but they are not that safe and good as Cash App.
- Cash App Plus Plus No Verification
- How To Print Out Cash App Transactions?
- What is Cash App Clearance Fee Sugar Daddy?
- Cash App $100 To $800 Flipping Scheme
- Can Someone Hack Your Cash App With Just Your Username?
How to View Transaction History on Cash App?
You can view your Transaction history on Cash App very easily, by following the a simple steps:
- Open the Cash App account.
- There will be a clock-like icon in the bottom right corner of the screen. Tap it.
- Then, go to Activity.
- In this section, you will find a list of contacts with whom you have contacted on Cash App.
- You can click on the Payment option to view the payment details
How to Download Cash App Transaction History?
If you want a receipt of your Cash App payment history, you can:
- First of all, log into Cash App from its official site.
- Then, go to the Profile tab.
- After this, click on Statement and then select Export CSV.
- Follow all the given instructions to download the transaction history.
If you want to print this slip, you can press “Ctrl + P” in order to do so.
What are The Reasons Behind Cash App not Allowing History Deletion?
The primary reasons behind this disallowance of Cash App is due to security concerns as they have made their terms and regulations according to the financial industry norms and to achieve PCI-DSS Level 1 Certification.
Secondly, Cash app is a finance related platform that maintains the records of every transaction made through it. Whenever you are stuck between any of your billing issues, you can always check the transaction history in order to be clear.
Keeping all these issues in view and taking into account the security parameters, Cash App had to disallow such features of deleting or hiding transaction histories in order to be more transparent.
Wrapping up the explanation, Cash App is a very safe and transparent finance-related platform that does not allow deleting or hiding transaction history or other procedures of such sort. To delete the history, you will have to permanently delete your Cash App account. Personally, we recommend you to change your passwords from time to time to keep your account more safe and secure.